Thread: Closing guild chat

Basic Member

Unhappy Closing guild chat

When I play Dota 2 on my laptop, I usually closing all chats, because (idk why) when any person sends message in a chat - my screen is freezing for a 0,1 second. So tomorrow i joined a big guild, and members spamming in chat every second, so i couldnt play dota, because, as you know, guild chat cant be closed. So i forced to leave guild, and now I cant join any guild because of this bloody chat.

Questions: Is there any way to close guild chat? What can I do to join a guild and play without chat-lagging?

Why do your pc freeze when chat msg comes in is the thing that needs to be fixed.

Basic Member
    In fact.. i want to leave this guild also.. didn't even know what it was.. someone invited me.. and LOL now i can't leave ? what the hack

CvP I disagree.

My PC doesn't freeze, yet I find it EXTREMELY ANNOYING that I cannot close Guild and Team chats. I don't need them, I don't want them. Why force us to have chats we don't want? I don't join guilds for the chat.

I just had to leave a team and a guild because the chats took up so much space I had trouble finding Party chat which I actually use.

Please add a feature request for "ability to close Guild and Team chats".
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

that's how guild chats usually work. If you are not interested in it, you should not join the guild to begin with. There is a reason you can only join max 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    If you are not interested in it, you should not join the guild to begin with
    That's bullshit.

Dota Guilds are not chat rooms. I do not join for chatting.

I join for making parties and lobbies and things like that, NOT for chatting. Dota is not a chat.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]