Thread: ▶ That just happened.

Basic Member

▶ That just happened.

Luna bot = best bot?
    Attached Images Attached Images

he just uses ult and every one dies. its not the bot, its the hero itself who is op against bots because they cant handle that ult.

Basic Member
    Still, I've never seen a bot getting >1000GPM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karyoplasma View Post
    Still, I've never seen a bot getting >1000GPM.
    It's a large portion chance.
    I've had a Razor literally 1v5 the enemy team in the past, sometimes the bots just get off to such a good early start that they'll just go completely out of control, though indeed 1k GPM is a bit extreme, but not unheard of.

Basic Member
    Luna is one of the most inconsistent bots. Given I've never seen her go quite this out of control but pretty close (some 800 or whatever), what does surprise me is that Viper had a bad game though I suspect I know what happened. Zeus or Bane went mid instead of Viper, Viper doesn't get his usual 'great' start and ends up dying a bit and therefore is unable to keep Luna from getting out of control. Either that or you as Rubick screwed with him significantly :P.

This is on Hard I take it?

Basic Member
    In my games I've never seen a bot go over like 400-500gpm lol. Normally I'm the highest even when playing support.

wtf. All my bot games i go solo mid being a solo mid player in my team and the game ends with all bots always having <100 cs and <400 gpm/xpm most of the time <300. On unfair difficulty. HOW ARE YOU GETTING GOOD BOTS?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachrocks View Post
    Luna is one of the most inconsistent bots. Given I've never seen her go quite this out of control but pretty close (some 800 or whatever), what does surprise me is that Viper had a bad game though I suspect I know what happened. Zeus or Bane went mid instead of Viper, Viper doesn't get his usual 'great' start and ends up dying a bit and therefore is unable to keep Luna from getting out of control. Either that or you as Rubick screwed with him significantly :P.

This is on Hard I take it?
    It was on Insane. I don't know who was mid, I was bot vs Zeus/Bane. I did the trilane trick tho: wait in fountain until 0:15 after creepspawn and go to the dual lane so you can rape the enemy AI in a 3 vs 2 lane =D

Basic Member
    Ah that. Hahaha. That's how Luna got so out of control because she was a part of that 3vs2 . Now looking at it like that it'd seem likely that Lich went mid and denied Viper a fair amount. Lich is one of the few bots who can do 'alright' against Viper.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigxice View Post
    how did you get luna to build drum and helmet? orange also build drum.. and sven with mask of madness o.O?
    1) Get GCFScape (you don't need the installer)
    2) Open %Steam%\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\pak01_dir.vpk with GCFScape
    3) Extract root/scripts/npc/npc_heroes.txt to %Steam%\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\scripts\npc\npc_heroes.txt (if the folder doesn't exist, create it)
    4) Open the npc_heroes.txt with any text editor and you will see a listing of all heroes
    5) Use the search term "botimpl" to skip to the next implemented bot and scroll down to the bot section. Modify as you want and save.
    6) Go to your Steam and rightclick Dota2 and choose Properties. Click on "set launch options" and add -override_vpk there.
    7) Start a local botgame (use the "practice with bots" option) as it will not work with other players unless you set up your own server.
    8) Have fun.

The items are referred to with their identifiers in the file. I still have to check a few items because I can't memorize the name. If you want to make a bot purchase an item he doesn't know, he will just stop purchasing anything.
    Also, you have to update the textfile every patch if you don't want graphical glitches to appear. When they add itemslots on a hero, these slots will disappear, if you don't update the file or if they add a new hero, it you won't see it in the pick screen. I wrote a tool in Java that updates the file. I can share it, if you want.
    Here is a thread that explains a bit how the bot loadout is built up, if you need further help. Or just ask here =)
    Last edited by Karyoplasma; 07-30-2013 at 03:43 PM.