Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [fixed]skadi + life steal on melee

Basic Member

[fixed]skadi + life steal on melee

i don't see this in the known bug list

Summary

Eye of skadi frost attack stack with lifesteal on melee hero.

Repro steps

- pick melee hero
    - purchase eye of skadi
    - purchase any lifesteal other than vladmir, satanic is the most visible one when activated

Result
    The melee hero will will received life steal and continue to apply frost damage

Expectation
    the first unique attack modifier (orb effect) item in inventory should overrides the latter. For example, if skadi purchased first before helm of dominator, the bearer won't received life steal.

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=5071

Skadi (and orb of venom) is intend to work with lifesteal

The fact that the whole UAM priority is different from DotA1 is known and most likely intended.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=5071

Skadi (and orb of venom) is intend to work with lifesteal

The fact that the whole UAM priority is different from DotA1 is known and most likely intended.
    Eye of skadi frost attack is not intended to work on melee unit, this is 100% proven by their own item's description and i will quote

Eye of skadi is a Unique Attack Modifier, and does not stack with other Unique Attack Modifiers. On ranged heroes, Eye of Skadi can be combined with Lifesteal Attack Modifiers.
    edit: notice that the thread that you gave me is made by you a basic member user and it's all based on your test. The result is accurate with how it is in Dota 2 but doesn't mean what you wrote is intended. Skadi working on melee with a lifestealer is definitely not intended unless stated otherwise in the item's description.

How UAM works in Dota 1 so far is exactly the same as i remembered how it was in Dota 1, maybe some changes that i have no knowledge about. In warcraft dota, icefrog made separate description in items, orb effect and buff placer. Orb of venom in dota 1 is stated as buff placer but not as orb effect.

edit 2: and it's definitely not in this intended change list thread
    Last edited by saryu; 07-26-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Basic Member
    EOS do works with Vladmir since Vladmir is not UAM. End of story. If you are going to argue about this, then I supposed Ursa shouldnt be able to use Vladmir in the first place.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exsinner View Post
    EOS do works with Vladmir since Vladmir is not UAM. End of story. If you are going to argue about this, then I supposed Ursa shouldnt be able to use Vladmir in the first place.
    What is it with the hordes of morons not able to even read a post properly?

Basic Member
    @exsinner And you didn't read the OP. He is talking about everything that is not vlad.

Yes not working on melee is the dota 1 behavior and yes the tooltip says that, but the thread roflcat linked is on the intended changes list (and covers this) and is generally seen as intended. And while you may not agree with that, it certainly is aknowledged and known to the devs, so if they want to change it they will/would.
    I personally think they just copied the tooltip without thinking about changes and never fixed the tooltip (they are really slow on tooltips)

Basic Member
    The story behind that tooltip is a bit funny actually. (btw, the thread is linked from intend change list as under discussion : General change in how Orbs and Buff placers are handled )

If you notice, I made the thread on 11-09-2011

Some time later, this appears:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=skadi
    12-15-2011

After that the tooltip got changed to mention range hero can benefit from both skadi and lifesteal, however it also skips over the fact that melee ALSO benefits from it (tested since when I first made my thread, still the same thing today)

So either
    A) The life steal stacking is intended to be the same on both melee and range, and the tooltip is partially wrong.
    or
    B) Valve forgot to nerf Skadi on melee in dota2 when they change the tooltip.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    okay, the only confirmation that i got is from one of the thread from ex-moderator http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=8902 . Although i still find it hard to believe that skadi is intended to work with lifesteal even on melee unit because of various reasons such as this thread made 2011 and there are balance issue with that (which couldn't be argued in playdota.com since it's dota 2 only). I still hope that one of the developer would confirm this so i could move on with my life.

Basic Member
    RoflCat, it's A.
    If I do recall correctly, it was said that inability to hold both Skadi and lifesteal on melee heroes and benefit from it in DotA1 was an engine limitation, so it got changed in DotA2.
    However, at this moment tooltip of EoS does not mentions that ALL heroes can benefit from a combo of EoS and lifesteal. So, it's a tooltip issue.
    In other words - it's intended and not a bug.

Basic Member
    Skasi stack with lifesteal orb (MoM, Satan, Dominator...) on melee heros (same as on ranged)
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Skadi
    "Despite the in-game description, Eye of Skadi can be combined with lifesteal on melee heroes as well."
    It's just in-game description issue. End of story.
    Last edited by Asmoday; 07-26-2013 at 04:03 AM.