Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw?

Exclamation Draw?

match id: 252899634
    Dire ancient go down first, Radiant one has 39 hp.
    then sound "Radiant victory", and title "Dire victory".

Combat log:
    [40:22.43] Viper hits Dire's Ancient for 72 damage (75->3).
    [40:22.93] Windrunner hits Radiant's Ancient for 67 damage (106->39).
    [40:23.09] Viper hits Dire's Ancient for 72 damage [40:23.09] Abaddon receives Greater Bash debuff from Dire's Ancient
    [40:23.09] Outworld Devourer hits Radiant's Ancient for 57 damage [40:23.09] Outworld Devourer receives Greater Bash debuff from Radiant's Ancient

What the fuck???
    Last edited by KiRa; 07-26-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Basic Member
    I'm guessing since Dire exploding was registered first, it played the sound file for Radiant winning, and due to speech throttling the Dire victory sound was suppressed, but as Radiant's Ancient exploded right after that the victory was overwritten, hence why the sound and result are in conflict.
    Since the 2 events occurred in the exact same millisecond, it really just comes down to chance of which event is processed first, even if they fix the conflicting messages bug, unless they implement a proper draw possibility anyhow. (Which I kinda doubt they will)

Quote Originally Posted by dennson View Post
    Thx cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I'm guessing since Dire exploding was registered first, it played the sound file for Radiant winning, and due to speech throttling the Dire victory sound was suppressed, but as Radiant's Ancient exploded right after that the victory was overwritten, hence why the sound and result are in conflict.
    Since the 2 events occurred in the exact same millisecond, it really just comes down to chance of which event is processed first, even if they fix the conflicting messages bug, unless they implement a proper draw possibility anyhow. (Which I kinda doubt they will)
    There never can be a draw. There is nothing like something happenning at 100% the exact same time.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    There never can be a draw. There is nothing like something happenning at 100% the exact same time.
    check combat lag 1st thn say :/ bot hit ancient at same time

Basic Member
    Both ancients were destroyed in the same game tick. So yes both ancients were destroyed at the exact same time.

There is no game which works with an infinite small time interval. Every game refreshes every X millisecond. You cannot make the time interval as small as you want.

@Arxos: You are right. It happened at the exact same time and it is all down to the software on which information is processed first. Radiant victory sound happened to be first played while Dire victory sound was suppressed. But dire victory title was overwritten over radiant victory title.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    This should be the closest game to be called "Draw" ever ! Radiant just was too late to the dire only less than millisecond !

Awesome ! Valve guys should implement the possibility of a draw.

Basic Member
    I know this is going to be ridiculously hard to re-produce, but can anyone figure out if a draw always results in Dire win or if it's random?