Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with the Cauldron of Xahryx

Basic Member

Angry Disappointed with the Cauldron of Xahryx

I'm one of the very few unfortunate compendium owner who got the Cauldon of Xahryx (Lone Druid immortal item). I'm really disappointed to the fact that while kunkka, vs and pudge's immortal item changes a spell animation, the lone druid's item does none of that.The change in the ranged attack animation is barely noticeable (In fact, I only found that out after I searched the Internet about it) and even if it's noticeable it's NOTHING compared to a kunkka's whale torrent, vs' visually amazing wave and pudge's spinning meat hook. In fact, I feel the cauldron at it's current state is not worthy to be called an Immortal item. This goes the same to those who got the Mace of the Chosen (Abbadon's item) as I'm pretty sure they're feeling the same pain as us.

I'm very sure the people in charge of designing the immortal items can do better than that. I'm still not giving up hope that this is the final results of the cauldron. The community's woe have been heard before(Shadow Demon's initial spell animations that looked dreadful) and changes have been made from their feedback. I'm still confident that the people in charge in designing the Cauldron of Xahryx is still listening and is willing to respond to our feedback.

They should attempt to revise the Cauldron of Xahryx(and the mace too). While changing the animation of the Spirit Bear and True Form is out of hand as they have their own cosmetic slots, you can still change Rabid and/or Battle Cry. As a suggestion, have a very more distinctive lingering smoking effect when Rabid is up or have a menacing glowing aura (the kind that makes the enemy go "oh shit...") on both LD and his bear when Battle Cry is activated. I'm sure you guys can think of something even better than that.

That's all I wanted to rant about. I felt cheated of an immortal item seeing most of my friends getting something really cool while I get nothing visually stunning. Many others who got the cauldron would have felt the same too. I hope we can get a change soon.

Basic Member
    I got also that cauldron so lame compared to others. You can see it only in the first 10min of game. And i think steam market speaks for itself Kunkka blade = +10€ - Cauldon of Xahryx = max2€

ps. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your cauldrons ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Basic Member
    They should attempt to revise the Cauldron of Xahryx(and the mace too). While changing the animation of the Spirit Bear and True Form is out of hand as they have their own cosmetic slots, you can still change Rabid and/or Battle Cry. As a suggestion, have a very more distinctive lingering smoking effect when Rabid is up or have a menacing glowing aura (the kind that makes the enemy go "oh shit...") on both LD and his bear when Battle Cry is activated. I'm sure you guys can think of something even better than that.
    I have to agree with this. LD cosmetics are problematic because they're not even present for half of the time. While I think the custom particle effect is certainly worthwhile, other Compendium immortals got spell effects and remain visible, so it stands to reason that LD should have it too.

As for Abbadons, isn't it simply bugged right now? It's meant to give him an entirely new set of attacks, judging by Cyborgmatt's blog.

Basic Member
    just be patient ( proud owner of all 5 ) . Hope lone druid item gets buffed visually

Basic Member
    Make sets appear on the true form, its as simple as that. i dont see why that would be impossible? Have the set display ontop of the trueform like any other cosmetics. or atleast have him HOLDING the cauldron or something'

[Ed] I really liked the cauldron, its the only immortal id actually use if not Venges. so please valve, fix sylla.

Basic Member
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your cauldrons ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Basic Member
    Agreed with everything said here, I also got the cauldron and I traded it as soon as I could.

The caldron is poorly made in comparision to other immortal items of that set. Lets hope the shitstorm is big enough for Valve to care....

Abadon looters sad that they got not even a particle effect ? ill leave this here...
    valveplz.png

Basic Member
    I'm sad to say this, but I honestly doubt there will be a change to the items. This takes me back to the greevling when the dreaded greevil with 3 unusuals ended up looking like total shit compared to other greevils. No change there........I posted time and time again and waited for weeks, still no change. I'm sorry guys, I wish they would change it.......doubt it though.

change it to something interesting pls, I got the 5 inmortals but the cauldron sucks a lot.